I am the Phantom while you are Christine in this play called "Reality".
Our chemistry on this stage started out strong,
twining and twisting around,
smoothly and calmly as though we were melding as one.
But you found your Raoul.
Dear,dear Raoul.
Someone who's funnier,
Someone who's prettier,
someone who's easier to talk to.
And our music began to rebel,
Clawing,
Scratching,
Screaming
till our voices are hoarse.
You fought to be free of this infection while I fought for you to stay.
But we are still entwined
and our bodies are both covered in countless wounds and bruises,
yet nothing can be compared to the wounds to my heart.
The wounds that you caused.
Jealousy began coursing through my veins,
poisoning my mind.
Who said that friendships
should not take their time?
Who said that love between friends
should not be worked on as much as you work on relationships?
Who said that absence makes the heart fonder?
That preposterous lie weaved into the core of my very being,
lassoing every fun moments we had,
strangling every laughter we've shared.
You are beginning to fear me.
I can feel it.
But yet my possessive spirit is yearning
to keep you in my hold,
to be the one that makes you laugh,
to be the one that wipes your tears.
For months we've played at our three-person masquerade,
you,your Raoul and I.
Both of you smiling and living while I hid my face so you'll never find me.
You think me invincible,
your all-powerful angel,
but yet you abandoned me.
Soon,it will be Don Juan Triumphant.
You will have to make your choice,
we've reached the point of no return.
But remember to keep your hand at the level of your eyes.
Keep your hand at the level of your eyes because...
I don't want you to see me cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment