Sunday, June 09, 2013

Update.

So I've been too busy to update my blog so let me update you on what happened since the last time I came to this place.

I've gotten a new tank from my colleague, as well as a new filter and a light. Mum hasnt been too keen on it, but what the hell, if I am told to stay in Singapore simply because my parents would rather I stay here, instead of going to a place I've dreamt about for 3 years, I am entitled to some sort of indulgence right? At least I am sitting at home staring at Owen instead of going out till 1-3 o'clock in the morning, sitting in some parking lot, sniffing glue in a coke bottle.

Well, I've also gotten my second pay, after working as a Junior teacher for 2 months. Life of a teacher is tough. I thought teaching kids will be easy, seeing that I am half a kid myself. But it was not what I expected. Children's moods are really unpredictable. It's almost like they are constantly morphing. One moment, they may agree with what you say and be your best student, then the next moment they can be Satan's spawn. It was definitely a very fulfilling 2 months so far.I dont feel the urge to meet people as much as I did when I first started work though. I just feel like going home after work, to "talk to my fish" and to sit in front of my computer to stone and sit like a rock.I no longer feel the urge to plan meetings or to plan to meet people as strongly as I did 2 months ago.

Lastly, I have successfully deleted twitter off my phone and only managed to go on it only when I am bored and has nothing else to do. The reason I did that is because I've decided that Twitter is too poisonous for me. I dont want to know things and assume things that might or might not happen. I just want the problem to hit me in the face and make me fall so hard that I'll break into a thousand tiny pieces.

I was talking to Jeryl about it and I told him that the reason why I deleted twitter is because I no longer want to be the one that is constantly concern about how people feel. Maybe sometimes I like it when others catch me at a time when I feel so vulnerable that I just need a kind word or a warm hug. It may sound very selfish but maybe, I just want to be noticed.

White knuckles and sweaty palms from hanging on too tight
Clenched shut jaw, I've got another headache again tonight
Eyes on fire, eyes on fire, and they burn from all the tears
I've been crying, I've been crying, I've been dying over you
Tie a knot in the rope, tryin' to hold, tryin' to hold,
But there's nothing to grasp so I let go

No comments: