Saturday, April 06, 2013

Owen Crataegus Thng

So updates about my life.

I dont get to hang out with my friends much these days since TC is having a production (2 friends here taken up), 1 of them is touring the world, Gab is ultra busy (as per usual), and my working days are 6 days a week, from 10am - 6:30pm. So, in order to make sure I don't get super lonely OR super clingy during my self imposed isolation, I bought myself a pet and smuggled it into my house. Here's a picture of Owen Crataegus Thng.




I named him Owen because on the day that I decided to rescue him from that tiny bottle he used to call a 'house' by buying him, I was at my new workplace and I met this little boy named Owen. Owen was such a sweet and shy boy, but when jokes were made or little opportunities were provided for him to answer questions, he is instantly up to take on the challenge to try. And when I bought Owen (the fish), he reminded me of Owen (the boy).

"The Celtic meaning of the hawthorn tree deals with balance and duality. The hawthorn is full of contradictions and the hawthorn is a standing testament to the idea of duality; it is a perfect depiction of the concept of yin and yang. The hawthorn is to be respected in all its diversity and duality. It is a symbol of union of opposites, and serves as a message for us to be more accepting of the unconventional."

The reason why I named him Crataegus is because Crataegus means Hawthorn. After reading the Celtic meaning of hawthorn, I found it relevant to Owen's personality here, so this is how Owen Crataegus Thng came about.

Another set of news, I finished my internship after 8 months. Bittersweet moment really. But this door has to close for a new one to open right?

Speaking about new opportunities, one actually did came up to me. Literally. A teacher that used to be from GM remembered that I have an applied drama background and decided to call me up to tell me about this opportunity to teach little kids. I was a little skeptical, since I feel like I am not qualified enough to teach young kids. However, after a few scary (or Gab would say paranoid) moments, I got hired. As a junior teacher teaching young kids AND the bosses there offer to teach me on how to manage young kids! I mean where else can I get such an opportunity?

After a week of observation, I was suppose to trial run a lesson for 2 young kids based on the story of  'The Bald Man and the Fly'. I was a little nervous, I couldnt sleep properly (I woke up at 7 for a 10:30 lesson), I kept revising the notes that Anthony (My boss) gave to me. Luckily for me, the first lesson went relatively well.

Life's been running rather smoothly. In fact, I would say that right now, life is pretty good.

No comments: