I have 2 more days.
To be exact, I have 66 hours before I head off to Melbourne.
I will have to possibly create a temporary chasm for me to study at my new University before jumping out from the fissure and appearing wiser and more learned than I am now.
To be honest, I wasnt afraid, in fact, I was looking forward to the whole new world that I'll be tossed into and made to swim around and find my own independence. I felt that I was ready to face the fiercer,scarier and more gruesome demons that lived beyond the shores of Singapore. I knew that I am "made for survival" and had that stapled onto my forehead since I was young. But somehow, looking back at the past few months that I have gearing myself up for this trip, I am suddenly very afraid.
I dont know where this fear comes from. It's irrational, I know. But somehow, it's clinging onto me like a shadow and it seems to be steadily growing as the day for my departure draw closer. I know I shouldnt be feeling this way, I mean, I can make a house out of cardboard boxes for goodness sakes, if worse comes to worse, I'll be able to build my own home.
But I am still afraid.
Maybe I am afraid that by going there, I am removing my roots here, and when I reach Melbourne, I have not ground to root myself. 2 years later, I'll be like that dandelion seeds that just float and has no where to land. No one remembers me, no one will know me and maybe, that's what this irrational fear stems from. The fear of people forgetting about me. Talk about big ego, huh?
Anyway, I dont have the time to be upset. I have to convince this irrational mind of mine that it's too late in the night, so that's what caused my brain to fall into the negative abyss that only appears at night. Or maybe, I just need some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment